Arline+Wiggins offers a complete range of accounting services, including receivables, payables, and payroll management. We prepare financial statements for use by banks, investors, and other third parties. Our firm will also prepare custom financial reports for internal, managerial use.
Our firm provides full-charge bookkeeping services, including general journal and subsidiary ledger maintenance, bank statement reconciliation, and receivables and payables tracking and analysis.
Accounting Software Selection & Implementation
Need help with accounting software selection and implementation? Our firm will help you select the software that’s right for you and will teach you how to use it effectively.
Cash Flow & Budgeting Analysis
Our firm offers expert cash flow and budgeting analyses that can help you minimize cost overruns, lost purchase discounts, and uncollectable receivables. Many of our clients state that these value-added services are indispensable.
Financial Forecast and Projections
Our firm provides complete financial and business forecasting services, including performa projections. We will also customize -What If- planning scenarios to help management foresee and plan for unexpected business contingencies.
Our firm prepares professional, GAAP-compliant financial statements as well as tailor-made financial analyses that can help business owners and managers eliminate inefficiency and realize a business’s full profit potential.
Reviews and Compilations
Our firm offers full Review and Compilation services for small to medium sized firms.
Our tax services include continuously monitoring federal, state, and local tax law changes to assure that its clients minimize current and future tax liabilities. If necessary, we can implement tailor-made due-date tax compliance monitoring systems to prevent costly interest and penalty assessments attributable to late filing.
Our firm offers professional preparation of all federal, state, and local tax returns at competitive, affordable rates.
IRS and State/Local Representation
Our firm knows the tax laws, and we know how your tax return was prepared. We can provide complete representation services before the IRS as well as state and local taxing authorities. We are also experienced in negotiating Offers in Compromise with the IRS.
Sales Tax Services
Our firm prepares all sales tax filings and offers full sales tax audit representation.
Our firm offers a highly personalized, professional payroll service specifically designed for YOUR business. Over the years we have strived to offer our clients the highest quality professional services with utmost personal care. You will find the same level of unsurpassed commitment from us in satisfying YOUR payroll needs. You will also benefit from the overall professional acumen of our firm and our intimate knowledge of your total financial picture.
Estate, Gift and Trust Tax Return Preparation
Our firm provides expert preparation of federal and state estate, gift, and trust tax returns.
A Strategic Business Plan is much more than a tool to obtain financing. If you still have all you plans and ideas locked up inside your head… preparing a strategic plan helps you clarify your company’s direction, ensures your key leaders are all “on the same page”, and keeps both management and staff focused on the tasks at hand.
A Strategic Plan is often needed when…
- Starting a new venture, product or service
- Expanding a current organization, product or service
- Buying a new business, product or service
- Turning around a declining business
The Strategic Plan provides a blueprint, describing your company, its products, the competitive environment, management team, financial health, and business risks.
Incorporation and New Business Analysis
Our firm can set up a new corporation, partnership, or LLC. We will advise you on the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of entities you can choose. Our firm can assist in market evaluations for new business and business valuations for the purchase of an existing business.
Set up a Corporation
Our firm offers complete management advisory services, including systems implementation and management, cost controls, employee benefit plan restructuring, and much more.
Business Succession Planning
Stop wondering if and how your business will continue without you there. As experts in business succession planning, our firm can suggest many courses of action to provide assurance that your business will enjoy a smooth continuance and that your heirs and business associates will be well protected.
As your business grows, you may find yourself needing professional financial advice like a full-time CFO or controller.
If so, Arline Wiggins is perfect for you. We can provide you with a professional financial manager who will work with you to help you continue to succeed.
The typical cost of hiring a full-time CFO can be anywhere form $60,000 to $100,000+ per year (not including bonuses and benefits!) We offer part-time experienced CFO’s who will support your business at a fraction of the cost.
At Arline Wiggins, you’ll get a wide range of services with a Part-Time CFO:
Overall Improved Efficiency
- More time to focus on your customers, services and other aspects of your business
- Better understanding of your finances: more control and fewer surprises!
- Improved decision-making: see the true numbers of your business
- Tranquility in knowing that your business’s finances are being properly managed
- Improved quality and timeliness of financial information
- Profitability analysis by service or product line
- Trend Analysis
- Equipment purchases, expansion
- To establish strong financial controls
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Define long-term plans and quantification of goals
- To be your liaison with bankers, attorneys, vendors, insurances agents, etc.
- Obtaining financing from banks, including assistance with negotiations
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Cash Management
- Tax saving strategies
- A readily available sounding board to help with the tough choices
At times you may need a trained outside professional to evaluate your company’s operations to determine if the appropriate controls are in place to ensure proper handling of resources and to protect yourself from employee theft.
We assess your internal control systems to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of your operating procedures. Then we make recommendations that help your company become stronger and more profitable by correcting any inefficient or ineffective operating procedures we find.
What we do for you…
- Implement segregation of duties so that duties are divided, or segregated, among different people to reduce risk of error or inappropriate actions. No one person has control over all aspects of any financial transaction.
- Make sure transactions are authorized by a person delegated approval authority when the transactions are consistent with policy and funds are available.
- Ensure records are routinely reviewed and reconciled, by someone other than the preparer or transactor, to determine that transactions have been properly processed.
- Make certain that equipment, inventories, cash and other property are secured physically, counted periodically, and compared with item descriptions shown on control records.
- Provide employees with appropriate training and guidance to ensure they have the knowledge necessary to carry out their job duties, are provided with an appropriate level of direction and supervision, and are aware of the proper channels for reporting suspected improprieties.
- Document policies and procedures and making them accessible to employees. The documented policies and procedures provide day-to-day guidance to your staff and continuation of duties in the event of prolonged employee absences or turnover.
- Review operations to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations are being carried out as planned.